Wednesday 19 May 2021

Stuck in the Mud

 Catriona, Chris, Val and I enjoyed a surprisingly warm start to the day, and though our usual car parking spot was noticeable soggier than normal conditions at the wall were quite nice.  Having had a new dump of stone from Alister our morning was spent retrieving it from the 50% of the load that was excellent topsoil and turf. 

After break Catriona and Val set to work on the higher section of wall, and Chris and I put about 12 throughs on the lower section of wall, meaning we now only have about 20 left. Having  completed 5 courses between us Catriona declared the day finished and we set of for home at 2.30ish.

Catriona drove away and I was about to follow, the muddy field and a set of spinning tyres had other ideas. Chris and Val tired valiantly (N.P.I.)  to help me get out but we were just agonizingly short of the final push . A quick trip to the farm house yielded the help of James, another of Andrew and Sharon's  sons who provided the extra heft to get the tyre out of it's relatively modest hole. 

Thanks to all for getting me moving again.


Lunch time
End of the day
 

Richard H.
No. Wallers: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment