Wednesday 3 October 2018

Some very heavy stones

A lovely day at Fellbeck started orf with a visit from Liz bearing gifts. Barry and I both got a new supply of walling gear. The day also saw the welcome return of Chris and Val to the walling team, and from a shorter absence Roderick. Barry and I made the group upto a five count.
The first order of the day was manoeuvring some rather massive stones into the foundations of the wall, on of which spans the whole width!
From there we added another course or two with Chris trying in vain to get us to build to something he called a 'the line'?



Starting the foundations

Foundation course done



End of the day

Richard H.
No. Wallers: 5


Looks back at old walls - Number 3! 

A look backa at the Bewerley Adventure centre wall. Holding up very well, if I do say so myself. A prize for anyone who can read what the stone sign says. I think I ought to remind everyone of the nice bit of Roger styled wall tie engineering that's keeping it in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment