Wednesday 21 June 2017

Soggy lunchtimes

Matthew, Graham Barry and I started a lovely days walling in the warm sunshine, the sky decided to spoil our day by raining on our picnic to which we responded by hiding under the largest tree we could find. Having eaten our soggy sandwiches the rain abated and we did a couple more hours in the afternoon and departed before it could rain on us again.



The wall at Mid day


The wall at the end of the day

On another note; As I was looking for stone merchants for the wall at Rossett school this image popped up. I have to say that I'm a little intrigued by it. That looks like bloody awful walling to me and yet he chose it as a picture for the front cover of his book. Am I being harsh? Have I misunderstood how one should build a drystone wall?


Richard H.
No of wallers:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment