Wednesday 14 September 2016

Gate Wall finished


Three wallers turned up on a warm but misty morning at Wath. We met Tom Wheelwright at the Sportsman's Arms car park and he kindly offered to bring some more coping stone up to us.

Things got of to a flying start when Beauty the horse decided to pinch Roderick’s hat (again) and take it for a spin round the field with Roderick in pursuit. Hat retrieved Roderick, Matthew and I made reasonable progress.

We were joined by Richard III at lunch time. Who helped us crack on and we were able to put the, very heavy, toppers on by the end of the day.

But the fun did not end there. Having driven through think fog in the morning I had put my lights on, I did not however switch them off upon arrival. I returned from walling to one very dead battery. Thankfully the rest of the gang knew how to resolve the issue and I'm very grateful to them for pushing me slowly backward and then much faster forwards to give the battered old Polo a kick start.
Thank you very much Matthew, Rod, and Richard.



 














































Richard.
No. Wallers - 4
Grid Ref: SE 14735 68149

No comments:

Post a Comment